Back to Departments
Braintree Drop-off Center
Robert Salvaggio Drop-Off Center of Braintree
Bob Salvaggio was a dedicated and committed resident of Braintree. He was a founding member of the Recycling Committee and Chairman for many years. Bob championed many recycling initiatives and helped Braintree become a leader in community recycling. To commemorate his civic pride and tireless work ethic, the Ivory Street Drop Off Center was renamed the Robert Salvaggio Drop-Off Center of Braintree in the Summer of 2007.
Drop-Off Recycling (Trash Sticker Not Required)
Located: Across from the Braintree T Station on Ivory Street
Hours: 7am-3pm, Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri & Sat -
Closed Wednesdays, Sundays and Holidays.
Phone: 781-794-8088 (Recycling/Trash Office, 85 Quincy Avenue)
Recyclable Items Are:
All Paper (not contaminated by food):
All Colored & Construction Paper (staples/paper clips OK)
Newspapers, including inserts, Mail, Envelopes of all types, Cardboard
Paper Bags, Paperback Books, Telephone Books, & Magazines
Junk Mail, Brochures, Flyers, & Catalogues & Books (with hard covers removed)
Office Paper, Envelopes, File & Pendaflex Folders
Cereal, Shoe, Pasta, & Cracker Boxes, etc., (remove liners)
Milk & Juice Cartons
EMPTY food, paint and cosmetic aerosol cans (remove plastic lid)
Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors)
All Plastics (Numbered 1-7)
Soda, Juice, Water Bottles (glass or plastic)
Milk Jugs, Bleach, Detergent & Shampoo Bottles
Clean Food Containers - No Styrofoam
Tin and steel cans & lids (rinsed)
The following are not recyclable through Single Stream curbside pick-up:
No Plastic Bags (Please recycle bags at your supermarket)
No Window Glass, No Fabric, No Foam Packaging, No Styrofoam
No Recyclables Containing Food Waste
There is a Textile Collection Box on site. Textile recycling generates $ for Braintree, Saves $ on disposal fees, helps the environment and also saves room in your cart!
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE ACCEPTED IN ANY CONDITION AS LONG AS THEY ARE CLEAN AND DRY
- Footwear: Shoes/Work & Dress Boots/Sneakers/High Heels/Cleats/Slippers/Flip Flops/Sandals
- Clothing: Jerseys/Sweaters/Sweatshirts/Tank Tops/Shorts/Coats/Suits /Gowns/Dresses/Blazers/Pants/Jeans/ Sweatpants/Skirts/Undergarments/Socks/Slips/Pajamas/Bathrobes
Accessories: Hats/Belts/Pocketbooks/Gloves/Duffle Bags/Ties/Scarves/Cloth Tote Bags
- Linens: Sheets/Blankets/Comforters/Pillows/Drapes/Dish & Bath Towels/ Tablecloths/Small Throw Rugs/Placemats/Napkins
- Stuffed Animals: Can be faded, or torn with missing accessories (such as whiskers, noses, etc.)
95% OF ALL TEXTILES CAN BE RECYCLED OR REUSED. DONATE OR RECYCLE, DON’T THROW IT IN THE TRASH
Construction Debris/Clean Outs/Excess Trash
Effective Date: July 7, 2014, Location: 257 Ivory Street
Hours/Days of Operation: 7AM – 3PM, Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri & Sat. Closed Holidays, Sundays & Wednesdays. Residents only – no businesses.
Recycling: Unlimited residential recycling and textile recycling also available.
Trash: One visit per day & must have current Trash Sticker on vehicle
*At no additional cost: (Follows same quantities as curbside collection rules)
- Three bags/barrels of trash
- Two pieces of bulk (furniture, mattress/box spring & appliances)
- Three bundles of wood or carpet in 3ft.lengths
*Excess & Cleanouts of Quantities Less than 500 lbs
- Cost: $25 Permit per load…More than 1 permit can be purchased and used the same day, if you have multiple loads)
- Permit is for use at the Town’s Drop-off Center
- Payments must be made at the Treasurer’s Office/Town Hall
- $25 one load permit does not expire until used.
Alternative to Town’s Drop-off Center Program
Covanta Transfer Station: No permit required, 781-843-6209.
- Up to 500 lbs. -- $50 minimum cost
- Over 500 lbs. – 10 cents per pound