Back to Departments
Braintree Drop-off Center
Robert Salvaggio Drop-Off Center of Braintree
Bob Salvaggio was a dedicated and committed resident of Braintree. For many years Bob championed recycling initiatives. To commemorate his civic pride and tireless work ethic, the Ivory Street Drop Off Center was renamed the Robert Salvaggio Drop-Off Center of Braintree in the Summer of 2007.
Located: Across from the Braintree T Station on Ivory Street
Hours: 7am-3pm, Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri & Sat -
Closed Wednesdays, Sundays and Holidays.
Phone: 781-794-8088 (Recycling/Trash Office, 85 Quincy Avenue)
Recycling : Residential recycling & textile donations accepted. As of 8/1/2016, must have trash sticker on vehicle.
Recyclable Items Are:
All Paper (not contaminated by food):
All Colored & Construction Paper (staples/paper clips OK)
Newspapers, including inserts, Mail, Envelopes of all types, Cardboard
Paper Bags, Paperback Books, Telephone Books, & Magazines
Junk Mail, Brochures, Flyers, & Catalogues & Books (with hard covers removed)
Office Paper, Envelopes, File & Pendaflex Folders
Cereal, Shoe, Pasta, & Cracker Boxes, etc., (remove liners)
Milk & Juice Cartons
EMPTY food, paint and cosmetic aerosol cans (remove plastic lid)
Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors)
All Plastics (Numbered 1-7)
Soda, Juice, Water Bottles (glass or plastic)
Milk Jugs, Bleach, Detergent & Shampoo Bottles
Clean Food Containers - No Styrofoam
Tin and steel cans & lids (rinsed)
The following are not recyclable through Single Stream curbside pick-up:
No Plastic Bags (Please recycle bags at your supermarket)
No Window Glass, No Fabric, No Foam Packaging, No Styrofoam
No Recyclables Containing Food Waste
There is a Textile Collection Box on site. Textile recycling generates $ for Braintree, Saves $ on disposal fees, helps the environment and also saves room in your cart!
MassDEP BEYOND the BIND DIRECTORY
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE ACCEPTED IN ANY CONDITION AS LONG AS THEY ARE CLEAN AND DRY
- Footwear: Shoes/Work & Dress Boots/Sneakers/High Heels/Cleats/Slippers/Flip Flops/Sandals
- Clothing: Jerseys/Sweaters/Sweatshirts/Tank Tops/Shorts/Coats/Suits /Gowns/Dresses/Blazers/Pants/Jeans/ Sweatpants/Skirts/Undergarments/Socks/Slips/Pajamas/Bathrobes
Accessories: Hats/Belts/Pocketbooks/Gloves/Duffle Bags/Ties/Scarves/Cloth Tote Bags
- Linens: Sheets/Blankets/Comforters/Pillows/Drapes/Dish & Bath Towels/ Tablecloths/Small Throw Rugs/Placemats/Napkins
- Stuffed Animals: Can be faded, or torn with missing accessories (such as whiskers, noses, etc.)
95% OF ALL TEXTILES CAN BE RECYCLED OR REUSED. DONATE OR RECYCLE, DON’T THROW IT IN THE TRASH
Trash : One visit per day & must have trash sticker on vehicle.
Hours/Days of Operation: 7AM – 3PM, Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri & Sat. Closed Holidays, Sundays & Wednesdays. Residents only – no businesses.
Recycling: Residential recycling & textile donations. As of 8/1/2016, must have trash sticker on vehicle.
Trash: One visit per day & must have current Trash Sticker on vehicle
*At no additional cost: (Follows same quantities as curbside collection rules)
- Three bags/barrels of trash
- Three pieces of bulk (furniture & appliances)
- Three bundles of wood or carpet (in 3 footlengths)
Construction Debris/Clean Outs/Excess Trash
*Excess & Cleanouts of Quantities Less than 500 lbs
- Cost: $25 Permit per load…More than 1 permit can be purchased and used the same day, if you have multiple loads)
- Permit is for use at the Town’s Drop-off Center
- Payments must be made at the Collector’s Office/Town Hall (Mon., Wed., Fri. - 8:30am - 4:30pm and Tue & Thur 8:00am - 6:00pm.)
- $25 one load permit does not expire until used.
- The One Load Permit is valid only at the Town's Drop-off site, not for use at the Covanta Trash Facility (where the trash trucks go).
Alternative to Town’s Drop-off Center Program
Covanta Transfer Station: No permit required, 781-843-6209.
257 Ivory Street (next to the Town's Drop-off site.
MON-SAT 7:00AM - 3:00PM (Closed Sundays & Holidays)
- Up to 500 lbs. -- $50 minimum cost
- Over 500 lbs. – 10 cents per pound
Proof of residency required as this is a special rate for Braintree residents. Pyament by credit card only.