Stormwater Grants and Projects
A major part of what allows our department to be able to build green infrastructure to improve Braintree's stormwater is grants. This page is a landing page for past and current grants we've applied for, as well as the details for each one. Below you can find plans, public meetings, project status, and funding for each of the grants. If you have any questions about our grants or projects, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 781-794-8930.
- 2022 - 2024 319 Grant
- This grant was awarded to us from the EPA and MassDEP. Using the design from a past 604b grant, we will develop final designs and install a bioretention basin and landscaped islands to mitigate stormwater flows from the Elder Affairs parking lot and neighborhood (71 Cleveland Ave).
- Designs Pending
- 2022 Coastal Pollutant Remediation (CPR) Grant
- This grant was awarded to us by the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management. We will bring the infiltration system and bioretention basin concept designs for Watson Park from a 604b grant to 75% designs.
- View 75% designs here (updated June 2022)
- Public Meeting to be posted soon
- 2022 Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Action Grant
- This grant was awarded to us by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. We will bring the design from a past 604b grant of Smith’s Beach parking lot to 100% designs and permit with the Braintree Conservation Commission.
- View designs here
- Watch February 2, 2022 public meeting here
- 2019 604b Grant (completed)
- This grant was awarded to us by the EPA and MassDEP. The money funded a study of Town-owned properties to evaluate potential for green infrastructure retrofits and prepare conceptual designs for 7 sites. This study has allowed us to apply for and receive grants for further design and permitting, many of which are listed above.
- To see the 7 finalist sites, watch our July 21, 2021 public meeting here