What is it?
Naloxone is a drug that can reverse an opioid overdose and save lives. Friends, family members and individuals with opioid dependence are encouraged to obtain naloxone, even in early recovery.
Although this is a good resource, it is not a replacement for calling 9-1-1. Emergency Response should always be called prior to administering Narcan.
How Can I get it?
FREE training on how to properly administer Naloxone and a Naloxone rescue kit may be obtained from the following local organizations:
- Learn to Cope | 508-738-5148 | View a full list of statewide meetings at www.learn2cope.org
- Manet Community Health Center | 857-939-4108 | Appointments, walk-ins and evening hours available (multiple Quincy locations)
Naloxone may also be obtained without a prescription from the following local pharmacies:
- All CVS Pharmacies
- Blue Hills Pharmacy | 781-843-8500 | 340 Wood Road, Braintree
- Harvard Vanguard Pharmacy | 781-849-2280 | 111 Grossman Drive, Braintree
- Rite Aid | 781-356-3334 | 11 Pearl Street, Braintree
- Walgreens | 781-331-5301 | 750 Washington Street, Weymouth
- Walgreens | 781-986-2172 | 1 Plymouth Street, Holbrook
- Walgreens | 617-472-4483 | 418 Quincy Avenue, Quincy