It is with great sadness that Mayor Kokoros reports three new deaths in Braintree due to COVID-19. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families , as well as to all who are suffering from the effects of this pandemic.
April 16, 2020
New Cases: 14
Total Cases: 348
Please be mindful of the following steps you can take to help prevent the transmission of any respiratory infection, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth.
- Frequently clean commonly touched surfaces, including electronics, door knobs and countertops.
- Avoid sharing food utensils, containers and other personal items.
- Practice “social distancing” by maintaining a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Stay home from work if you are sick.
- Practice proper cough etiquette. Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, throw the tissue away and wash or sanitize your hands. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow/upper sleeve.
Please direct any inquiries to Jean McGinty, Public Health Nurse at 781-794-8094 or Marybeth McGrath, Director of Health at 781-794-8095.