Mayor Charles C. Kokoros is pleased to announce that earlier today the Tri Town Board of Water Commissioners voted to lessen the restrictions on water usage by residents of Braintree, Randolph and Holbrook. “As a result of enhanced management of our water system and additional capacity at the Richardi Reservoir, residents can now use water sprinklers and soaker hoses to maintain their property,” said Mayor Kokoros. Under the revised restrictions, the use of water irrigation systems remains prohibited at this time.
This allowance will remain in effect until the reservoir capacity falls below 85%, at which time Phase One will take go into effect and the use of all automatic watering devices and soaker hoses will no longer be allowed. Instead, residents will be permitted to use hand held hoses with a shut off nozzle.
Tri – Town Water Use Restrictions
The use of Water sprinklers and soaker hoses will be allowed to be until such time as the Reservoir Capacity falls below 85%. The use of Water Irrigation System are prohibited.
- Phase One
- When the Reservoirs are below 85% full the use of all automatic watering devices and soaker hoses is prohibited. Only the use of hand held hoses with shutoff nozzle shall be allowed. This phase is in effect at times when further restrictions not required.
- Phase Two (including Phase One)
- When reservoirs are below 70% full a further restriction shall be implemented as follows: OUTSIDE WATER USE IS RESTRICTED TO THE HOURS OF 7:00 A.M - 10:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Phase Three (including Phase Two)
- When reservoirs are below 60% full (with incoming water) a further restriction shall be implemented as follows: OUTSIDE WATERING OF PHASE 2, THE HOURS WOULD BE REDUCED TO 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. ONLY.
- Phase Four
- When reservoirs are below 60% full (with no incoming water) a further restriction shall be implemented as follows: THERE SHALL BE NO OUTSIDE USE OF WATER.
- Phase Five
- When Reservoirs are between 50% and 40% full ALL OUTSIDE WATERING SHALL BE PROHIBITED AS IN PHASE 4 AND ALL USE OF NON ESSENTIAL WATER IS PROHIBITED