- Boards & Commissions A - G
- Commission on Disabilities
Commission on Disabilities
The Massachusetts Office on Disability (MOD) was created in 1981, by M.G.L. c. 6, sec. 185, as the state advocacy agency that serves people with disabilities of all ages. MOD's primary mission is to ensure access. The Commissions on Disability were established by vote of Town Meeting or City or Town Councils to promote the inclusion and integration of persons with disabilities in the activities, services and employment opportunities in the community.
- Lynn Vaillancourt - Chairperson
- Robin Torpey - Secretary
- Crystal Evans - Treasurer
- Mary Russo - Member
- Scott Lamphere-Member
- 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Monday of every month
- If there is a holiday on the first Monday, then the commission will meet on the second Monday of the month
- Town Hall
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
View Archived Agendas and Minutes
Sign up for Meeting Notifications
Leave Us a Message
Please feel free to leave a voicemail message on our hotline at 781-794-8327 with any questions or concerns and the ADA Coordinator will return your call. We welcome new board members, as well as citizen input. So please join us at one of our monthly meetings.
- Do you have an idea to improve accessibility for the Town of Braintree?
- Does your community program/idea need assistance in order to benefit people with disabilities, i.e. physical, visually impaired, emotional, behavioral, or communication needs?
- Do you need assistance with recreational equipment projects for disabled individuals?
We may be able to help!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 781-794-8327.