Beginning Monday, June 8, 2020, the Recycling Center will open for trash drop off for curbside trash and recycling residents with a Trash Sticker, during normal business hours (on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from 7 am to 3 pm). The following temporary guidelines will remain in effect through June 13, 2020:
- Residents will be permitted to dispose of a maximum of four (4) bags of trash on a daily basis.
- Excess trash and items not in bags will not be accepted during the first week of operations.
- One Load Permits will not be sold on site at the Recycling Center.
Beginning Monday, June 15, 2020, the Recycling Center will begin to accept excess trash and items not in bags with a valid One Load Permit (“Permit”). Permits will be required for anyone seeking to dispose of more than three (3) bags of trash or items not in bags (including, but not limited to, construction material, furniture and carpets for any quantity up to 500 pounds per sticker). Permits will not be sold on site at the Recycling Center.
As of June 1, 2020, residents can purchase a One Load Permit (“Permit”) for the disposal of excess trash on site using the following procedure:
- In an envelope addressed to the Treasurer/Collector’s Office, provide your name, address, and telephone number, along with a copy of your vehicle registration and a check made payable to the Town of Braintree in the amount of $25 per permit requested.
- Place the envelope in the Tax Collector’s drop box located at Town Hall or mail the information to the Treasurer/Collector’s Office, 1 JFK Memorial Drive, Braintree, MA 02184.
- The Treasurer/Collector’s Office will process your request and the Permits will be mailed to you the next business day.
- There is no limit on the number of Permits you may purchase. These do not expire and are each good for one time use.
When Town Hall reopens to the public, residents will be able to purchase Permits on site in the Treasurer/Collector’s Office or using the procedure described above.
The Town will continue to offer curbside pickup as scheduled; however, extra bags of trash will not be collected curbside after July 11, 2020 (you can continue to place two pieces of furniture/appliances curbside for pickup weekly). If you need an additional cart to accommodate additional capacity, please contact the Treasurer/Collector’s Office at 781-794-8134 or 781-794-8162.