Curbside Collection Services - Trash Information
After July 11th, extra bags of trash will no longer be picked up curbside, as had been allowed during the initial months of the pandemic.
Residents who have the occasional extra bags of trash may once again utilize the Recycling Drop-off Center on Ivory Street. A Town issued current trash sticker is required. Up to 3 bags of excess trash may be dropped off. Hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Weekly Curbside Pickup
- Missed pickups - call Sunrise Scavenger directly at 617-361-8000.
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m.
- Carts should be 2 - 3 feet apart (also same distance from furniture) and in a place with at least 12 feet overhead clearance with handles facing house. (50 lb weight limit)
- Only the Town issued carts can be used. No extra bags, boxes or barrels will be picked up.
- All trash must be in cart with lid closed (except for 2 bulky/large items detailed below.
- 2 bulky/large items are allowed per week (no need to call except for appliances). This only includes:
- Furniture (mattress and box spring are considered one piece).
- 2 bundles of Carpet/Wood (no tree branches) must be cut in 3 - 4 foot lengths and tied.
- Appliances - *Please note: Appliances - must call to arrange for pickup of Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, microwaves, lawn mowers (empty gas tanks), grills (without tanks), water heaters, air conditioners, etc.) Call Sunrise Scavenger at least 2 to 3 working days prior to your trash day at 617-361-8000. If calling after office hours, leave your address, inclusive of “Braintree” and give the day of the week that your trash is collected and what item(s) you are putting out for pickup.
Televisions - Are Not Collected & Not Accepted at Residential Drop-Off Center
TV’s and computer monitors are not collected curbside and are not accepted at the drop-off center. TV’s are considered. There are many places to dispose of TV’s such as Best Buy, Clean Harbors, Willards Disposal Service, McConnell Enterprises, etc.
PER MA DEP regulations, CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION materials CAN NOT BE PLACED CURBSIDE. Click here for construction disposal information:
Construction and Demolition Materials