- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
COVID-19 Information and Updates
Town of Braintree Daily Updates
Updated Friday, October 21, 2022
New Cases as of today: 7
Total Cumulative cases: 11,539 Two week Average: 14.8%
Overall Positivity rate: 9.75%
(decreased from previous 10.17%)
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Weekly COVID-19 Report
Board of Health Daily Updates
COVID19 updates will be provided every other week, encompassing a more condensed view of the current confirmed cases; including the overall positively rate and comparison of cases over a two week period. This data gives a representation of lab confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Braintree.
- Please note, on March 15, 2022 the DPH adopted a new surveillance definition recommended by the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists, and developed with input from CDC, for a precise way to capture and report COVID 19 deaths.(click here for more information) In summary the previous vague definition was too expansive and now any individual with COVID on their death certificate (primary cause, or, secondary or tertiary) count, as well as, anyone who died of other “natural” causes non COVID related (e.g. Dementia/CHF) who have a positive COVID test within 30 days of date of death count towards COVID related death totals. This definition also removed any cases who had COIVD 19 listed as primary cause of death who also obtained a negative PCR test within 7 days of date of death.
Please direct any inquiries to Marybeth McGrath, Director of Health at 781-794-8095.
- Coronavirus Self-Checker
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- Unemployment & COVID-19
- Dept. Of Transitional Assistance Online Portal
- Emergency Childcare Site
- COVID-19 Cost Eligibility and Tracking Guidance
- Complete List of Emergency Orders & Guidance
- Help Prevent COVID-19 With Social Distancing (PDF)
- How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19