The Braintree Board of Health will continue providing information regarding the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Braintree. The National Guard recently conducted testing in congregate settings such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The results of these tests are included in the number of confirmed cases.
April 7, 2020
New Cases: 29
Total Cases: 146
Please be mindful of the following steps you can take to help prevent the transmission of any respiratory infection, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth.
- Frequently clean commonly touched surfaces, including electronics, door knobs and countertops.
- Avoid sharing food utensils, containers and other personal items.
- Practice “social distancing” by maintaining a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Stay home from work if you are sick.
- Practice proper cough etiquette. Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, throw the tissue away and wash or sanitize your hands. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow/upper sleeve.
Please direct any inquiries to Jean McGinty, Public Health Nurse at 781-794-8094 or Marybeth McGrath, Director of Health at 781-794-8095.