The Town of Braintree has an automated trash and recycling collection service. A 64 or 35 gallon trash and recycling cart is given to each residence when the trash and recycling fee is paid. These carts are the property of the Town and stay with the house.
35 gallon carts are available for those who do not have the need for the larger cart. Please call the Trash/Recycling office 781-794-8088 for details.
Weekly Curbside Pickup
Missed pickups - call CAPITOL WASTE AT 617-569-1718
Please have carts curbside by 7 a.m.
Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
Carts should be 2 - 3 feet apart (also same distance from furniture) and in a place with at least 12 feet overhead clearance with handles facing house.
Only the Town issued carts can be used. No extra bags, boxes or barrels will be picked up.
New Cart Information
- Residents requiring carts need to first contact the Collector’s Office/Town Hall 781-794-8130.
- The annual fee must be paid to have curbside pickup services.
- Once payment is made, your trash and recycling carts will be distributed to your residence.
- For residents requiring additional carts, first contact the Collector’s Office at Town Hall on 781-794-8130.
- An additional annual fee of $100 for the Additional Trash service is required.
- An additional annual fee of $50 for the Additional Recycling service is required.
- Once payment is made, your cart will be distributed to your residence.
If your cart has been damaged, please call the Trash/Recycling Office on 781-794-8088 and arrangements will be made to either repair or replace your damaged cart.
If one of your carts is missing, please take a walk around your neighborhood to see if it was placed at the wrong address in error by your neighbor or the trash/recycling pickup service. You can also call the Trash/Recycling office 781-794-8088 and we will provide you with the cart number that is assigned to your address so that you can also verify if your cart is at another address.