Yard Waste Services
Curbside Yard Waste 2019
The Spring Curbside Yard Waste Collection is scheduled for the weeks of April 29, May 6,13, 20 & 27. Yard waste will be picked up on your regular trash day during the weeks specified above.
Curbside Yard Waste is collected in the Spring and in the Fall with your normal trash/recycling curbside collection. Grass, leaves and branches 1” and under are collected curbside and must be placed in paper bags or open top containers w/o lids(50 lb weight limit). No plastic bags or cardboard boxes are allowed. The dates are published each year for the upcoming season. Do not put yard waste in the Town provided Trash/Recycling carts.
Acceptable Items Curbside:
- Brush - bundled in 3-4' lengths
- Christmas trees (special collection only the 2 weeks after Christmas)
- Branches UNDER 1" - bundled in 3-4' lengths
Non-Acceptable Items Curbside:
- Plastic bags/Cardboard Boxes
- Root balls
- Large shrubs
- Tree trunks
- Branches over 1"
- Limbs over 1"
Compost Site Services (Sticker Required)
Location: 225 Plain Street Braintree, MA 02184
Hours: Wednesday - Sunday 7:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. (Closed February & March)
Acceptable Items at Compost Site:
- Leaves, grass, Christmas trees, brush, branches, limbs, and shrubs
Non-Acceptable Items at Compost Site:
- No plastic bags
- No root balls
Compost Bin Purchases
Compost bins can be purchased at the Residential Drop-Off Center on Saturdays only from 9 a.m. to noontime.
- Braintree Residents - $25
- Non-Residents - $60
Alternative Yard Waste Disposal (Will take Root Balls)
- J F Price, 611 Pleasant Street, Weymouth - 781-335-1021