Debt Exclusion Information
The special election will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2020.
Debt Exclusion Calculator
A debt exclusion is a temporary increase in property taxes, outside the limits of Proposition 2 ½, to raise the funds necessary to pay debt service costs for a specific capital project. Debt exclusion funds may only be used for that specific project.
This debt exclusion calculator is being provided so you can easily estimate the effect of the debt exclusion on your annual property taxes based on your property’s current assessed value.
Enter your address below to find out the annual estimated impact to your property tax bill.
*If address returns ’unknown’ please contact the Town of Braintree Assessor’s office at 781-794-8050 for more information.
Mobile Phone Link: Debt exclusion calculator
Proposition 2 1/2 Information
South Middle School Design Services
South Middle School Project Schedule
MSBA Funding - Roof Replacements
- Estimated Debt Exclusion Tax Increase (Summary)
- South Middle School - Preferred Schematic Report - Concept Cost Comparison
- Town Council Order 19-043
- January 2020 Memo from Town Auditor
- High School Feasibility Study - 5 Year Estimated Debt Service Schedule
- Security Improvements - 10 Year Estimated Debt Service Schedule
- Elementary School Roof - 20 Year Estimated Debt Service Schedule
- South Middle School - 30 Year Estimated Debt Service Schedule